Friday, September 18, 2009

Portraits

For this project you are a professional photographer. You have been hired by your partners to take their Senior Portraits.

You will be turning in 4 specific shots.
Each will use a different compositional trick.
You choose to turn them in black & white or color.
You turn in the photos YOU TAKE. YOU are being graded as the photographer.
You should upload the photos taken of you for a future project.

1- Face portrait…Using SIMPLICITY
I want to see a beautiful shot of your partner.. I want to see their face close and clear. Be aware of their hair, clothing, setting, background etc. They should be happy and smiling. Using simplicity you will make sure that their background is simple and not distracting.

2 ARTISTIC… using a compositional trick of your choice.
Photographers I want to see YOUR creativity here. I want to see Your vision. I want to see what type of artistic portrait you can come up with. Don’t forget who your partner is, but models, be willing to step outside the normal box. Choose a compositional trick that will enhance your artistic vision. Create a mood. Create an expression. Create something that makes us think deeper then face value.

3 COSTUME/Personal PROP … using the compositional trick of your choice.
By costume I mean clothing that you don’t wear everyday to school but might be part of you. Maybe it’s a team jersey. Maybe it’s a pair of angel wings. Maybe its fancy business clothes. Maybe crazy make up. I want to see you in something out of the ordinary for school, but familiar to you. The model should bring a costume appropriate for them, or the photographer has free reign. Choose a compositional trick that will add strength to whatever idea you are expressing with this shot. Be creative. Be artistic. Discuss before hand.

4 SURPRISE ME. … Compositional trick of your choice.
Be creative. Be professional. You have been hired to take this persons senior photos. You have 3 guidelines you must follow- what else would you like to do? Make it fantastic! Use a compositional trick that will make it even better.

Things to think about:
•Who is your subject?
•What are they about?
•What makes them different then everybody else?
•How do they view themselves?
•How could you create a “mood”
What is your purpose with this shot?
What compositional trick will you use?
Will it be best in Black & white or Color?
Where is the light and shadows?
What is the background?
What is the camera angle?
Where in the screen is the subject?
What is happening with the value or contrast?
What props or costume will you use?

DUE Monday Sept 21, at the beginning of class.

No comments: